Lyon, the largest city in France, is a very beautiful place, known for its historical roots as well as its unique culture and lifestyle. It is situated on the beautiful plateau of the Loire River. You can spend your vacations walking along the river or strolling around the chic and elegant Old Town. Tourists can visit the museums, art galleries and historic castles located in the city. Here is a brief description of some important places to visit in Lyon.
– Lyon Museum: This is the primary attraction for tourists to Lyon. It houses some fine collections, representing different civilizations of the world. The Lyon Museum offers an informative experience with its exhibits, installations and exclusive collections. The local food in Lyon is very attractive and you can try some of the local delicacies on your trip to Lyon.
– L’Auto d’Orleans: This is a famous auto show where the automobile makers come together with their designers to showcase their new models. Visitors can take a walk over to Fessac, which is a small shopping village, and take a tour of some remarkable architecture. Tourists can shop at Fessac’s markets, including local food and souvenirs. The local food in Lyon is also very appealing and you can try some of it on your trip to Lyon. You can visit L’Auto d’Orleans on your way to Lyon. The local food in L’Auto d’Orleans is exquisite and you can buy local cheese, chocolates, wines and other food products.
– Rhone River Cruises: These cruises are made up of different boats that bring visitors to various ports. The boat ride across the river gives you a chance to observe the culture of the different ports and the history of the region. The unique thing about these cruises is that you get a chance to sample the food and wine during the cruise. In addition to this, during the day you can see some amazing sights in the region. You can go for day or night cruises from Rhone River Cruises.
– Rhone Valley Tours: It is a one-day day trip to the beautiful town of Loret de Mar. Here you can sightsee and take part in a number of exciting activities like horse riding, golf, tennis, trekking and biking. The best part about travelling in a group is that you can make some extra expenses like a bottle of champagne and some light snacks. One of the most interesting things that you will find in the town of Loret de Mar is the Musee des Beaux-arts which is a significant art gallery of France. This is also a great place to buy souvenirs for your home.
– Rhone Valley Holidays: This is the best time to visit Lyon. The weather is great all year round and the place has a lot to offer to both holiday makers and business travellers. It is situated in the centre of Lyon and you can get to know everything about Lyon from the airport. There are a number of good hotels where you can stay while you are in the city. The best things about this city are its age old charm, its unique architecture and its unique blend of cultures.